Forklift Operator Course
- Definitions and Legal Requirements,
- Forklift Components,
- Manoeuvring and Load Safety,
- Safe Operating Procedures,
- Driving on Public Roads (optional – ‘F’ endorsement)
- Vehicle Maintenance,
- Risk Management, and
- Written Tests (Operator (OSH/NZQA) and/or (NZTA ‘F’ Endorsement)
Vehicle Maintenance and Refueling:
- Pre-operating Checks,
- Refueling Procedures, and
- Identifying and Reporting Faults
Practical Training and Assessments:
- Depending on individuals’ experience;
This involves individual’s maneuvering a forklift through various obstacles, and both stacking and destacking a load from various heights. Each individual will be assessed against our Practical Assessment Marking Guide. This usually involves 2 – 3 hours, depending on individuals’ experience/ability.
Please note that there is a legal requirement to “refresh” this course every 3 years to stay current.
This course covers the following NZQA Unit Standards;
All NZQA credits are forwarded to NZQA for registration, once the course has been successfully completed.