Rollers (R), Tracks (T), Wheels (W) Endorsement Course
This is a 4 hour course, depending on previous operation experience. The course consists of;
- Description of Special-Type Vehicles,
- Legal Requirements for Special-Type Vehicles,
- Vehicle Pre-Start Checks,
- Maneuvering and Operating a Special-Type Vehicle,
- Hazard Recognition and Site Safety, and
- Parking and Securing the Special-Type Vehicle
Individuals are required to correctly answer all questions relating to the vehicle they are gaining their endorsement for. This is a NZTA / NZQA assessment, and will be conducted at the end of the theory presentation.
Practical Operating Assessment:
This involves a driving / operation test conducted in the workplace, whereby the individual is required to display their ability to competently operate and maneuver the vehicle. This could include the use of the bucket / blade etc; during the assessment.
This course covers the following NZQA Unit Standards;
All NZQA credits are forwarded to NZQA for registration, once the course has been successfully completed.